Carbon CREW Executive Director Mike Lieberman and Founder Darr Reilly interview three experts in sustainability about their tips and tricks to keeping your impact low during the holiday season.
Featuring Kate Fullam of East End Food Institute, Melanie Gonzalez of Simple Good (Long Island’s first zero waste store), and Annemarie Gordon of Sustainable Library Initiative.
Resources & References:
- Furoshiki: Japanese fabric wrapping. Helpful how-to video here!
- Shop products from Montauk Seaweed Supply.
- Reformation. A fantastic resource with loads of information on how to handle your worn and weathered clothing (They also sell clothing made of recycled textiles!)
- Massachusetts & Connecticut textile recycling: Bay State Textiles.
- Check out your local library for helpful tools and further resources!
East End Food Institute:
- Riverhead farmer’s market open Saturdays, 9am-1pm. Pick up some local food for your holiday meal or find some creative local holiday gift ideas!
- Support access to high-quality, healthy, nutritious, locally grown food. Donate today!
- Head to EEFI main page to learn more.
Simple Good Gifts:
- Reusable dishcloths for a Furoshiki-style wrapped gift!
- Plantable seed greeting cards (Happy Birthday & “Thank you” from Simple Good). Check out more options (including Holiday themed cards) from Ruff House Print Shop.
- Explore Simple Good’s website for tons of holiday gift ideas! Visit the store in Port Jeff or order online with carbon neutral shipping.